The Tandana Foundation can offer your group a chance to make a difference in the lives of rural Ecuadorians while becoming part of the community you serve. Stay with host families or in a community building, eat local foods with your hosts, help villagers replace inadequate drinking water pipes or paint their community center, harvest corn and use its flour to bake bread, hike to sacred places while hearing legends about their importance, and play games with schoolchildren.
Whether you have a class, school group, club, set of friends who want to explore the world, healthcare professionals, teachers--any group that wants a new experience and a chance to make friends by helping out--we can coordinate a service project and a unique learning experience for you. Lodging options include homestays, a community center, a hostel, or a hotel. Project types include building some kind of small infrastructure for a community, working with children in schools, gardening and reforestation work, and health care. Often these can be combined. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- varies. The group decides
- Group Service Projects in Ecuador
- Program Leadership Fellowship In...
- Environmental/Horticultural ...
- Summer ESL Internship
- Health Care Volunteer Vacations...
- Gardening Volunteer Vacation in...
- Public Health Internship in...
- Information Technology Internship
- Communications Specialist
- ESL Teaching Internship in Ecuador