Gift Shop Volunteer at The National Aviary
41 people are interested
The Gift Shop volunteer works with Visitor Services staff to greet visitors and assist with ticketing and gift shop purchases.
This position is ongoing.
Days needed: ALL
Number of hours required: 4+ hours per day, minimum of 8 hours per month
Specific time/ shift required: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, 1:00 - 5:00 pm
- Greet guests and complete the check in process.
- Utilize the Point of Sale system efficiently for admission, merchandising and scheduling.
- Promote memberships and our interactive encounters.
- Straighten, maintain and replace merchandise sold in the gift shop.
- Answer the phone.
- Must be highly professional, respectful and responsive when interacting with visitors and colleagues.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Well organized, with both time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Works well on a team and is adaptable to a constantly changing work environment.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Submit an online application
- Participate in a 20-30 minute interview.
- Have a clear criminal background check and child abuse history.
- Submit for FBI fingerprinting or sign waiver if eligible.
- Have reliable and convenient internet access.
- Enjoy interacting with the general public.
- Attend new Volunteer Orientation.
- Attend at least six (6) of 12 Saturday monthly meetings per year.
- Commit to a minimum of 100 hours of service per year. (This equals two four-hour shift per month.)
- Commit to a regular monthly schedule.
About National Aviary in Pittsburgh
Allegheny Commons West, 700 Arch St., Pittsburgh, PA 15212, US
To inspire respect for nature through an appreciation of birds.
America's bird zoo is located in Pittsburgh, PA and fully accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA). The National Aviary is the only non-profit, free-standing indoor facility in the U.S. which is wholly dedicated to avian exhibition, education, conservation, and the development and practice of leading-edge avian medicine. Our diverse collection consists of approximately 500 birds of 150 species from six continents.
We'll work with your schedule.
Allegheny Commons West700 Arch StPittsburgh, PA 15212
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- weekly 4 hour shift
- The National Aviary holds customer service as a high organizational value. As the first point of con