Did you know...foster children with CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) volunteers do better in school?
As well as they are:
- More likely to pass all courses
- Less likely to have poor conduct in school
- less likely to be expelled
Join Child Advocates of Silicon Valley (CASV) at our Volunteer Open House to learn how you can stand up for a foster child.
WHO ARE CASAs?
CASA volunteers are people like you. They are teachers, business people, retirees and grandparents. CASA volunteers want to make certain the voices of abused and neglected children are heard in an over-burdened child welfare system.
BECOMING A VOLUNTEER ADVOCATES MEANS YOU ARE:
- Willing to commit at least 3-4 hours of your time per week
- Committed to making a difference in the life of a foster child/youth
- Available to successfully complete our 30 hours of in-depth training
- Willing to complete necessary background checks
- Over the age of 21
READY TO SPEAK UP FOR A CHILD WHO NEEDS YOU?
The first step is to attend our orientation session which will include a thorough overview of the role and requirements of becoming a CASA to one of the 80 children on our waiting list.
We are hosting an exciting orientation session during the evening of Wednesday, November 9th in San Jose at 1400 Parkmoor Ave, San Jose, CA (free parking on-site).
If you cannot attend the scheduled session listed above, please call (408)573-5611 or email email@example.com to reschedule.
- Youth Services
- Case Work / Management
- Child Welfare
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hrs per week