37 people are interested
Omaha: Office Support Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association, Nebraska Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
37 people are interested
Office Support Volunteers are instrumental in assisting with the execution of operations for the Nebraska Chapter. Working alongside various departments, the individual(s) in this role provides multi-faceted assistance to further the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Assist with a variety of tasks including helping with organizing office spaces and files, greeting and assisting office visitors and volunteers, organizing materials, maintaining brochure stock and mailing requests, folding and sorting T-shirts, and assisting with making calls for upcoming programs and events.
- Document email, phone, mail, and in-person interactions with constituents
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Protect constituents’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information
- Reports all volunteer hours to supervisor
Skills and Qualifications
- Multi-tasking, flexibility, skilled in active/supportive listening, excellent customer service, time management, organization, attention to detail, confidentiality, decision making abilities, independence, and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic Computer Skills, Google Apps, Microsoft Suite, Typing, Data Entry, Email
A commitment of at least six months is expected. Volunteers should be available to come into the office at least twice per week during regular business hours, Monday through Thursday 9:00-3:00 p.m. CST
- Orientation to the Alzheimer’s Association
- Personify360 CRM training course
6 More opportunities with Alzheimer's Association, Nebraska Chapter
About Alzheimer's Association, Nebraska Chapter
8790 F Street, Suite 404, Omaha, NE 68127, US
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
Since 1982, the Nebraska Chapter has provided education, information and support to individuals afflicted with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and other dementias. Alongside 78 other Chapters and our Home Office in Chicago, we promote research for the prevention, cure, and treatment of AD. This mission is carried out by increasing concern and awareness, advancing public policy, enhancing care and support options, accelerating research, and growing revenue.
The Nebraska Chapter has offices in Omaha and Lincoln. We have programs and events throughout Nebraska. Visit alz.org/nebraska or call 800.272.3900.
8790 F StreetSte. 404Omaha, NE 68127
January 3, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Google Apps
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-20 hours per week for a minimum 3 months