Internship Title: Auction Internship
Reports to: Events/Sponsorship Coordinator
Internship Period: January-June
Schedule: Min. 6 hours per week; must be available the day of auction, June 3
The purpose of this internship is to assist the Events Coordinator with projects and research aimed at improving the organization, efficiency and success of the annual Northern Lights Auktion. As the Nordic’s largest fundraising event, the auction requires the support of staff and volunteers in a variety of roles. This is a great opportunity to observe the operations of a non-profit organization and to gain experience working within a museum.
- Fundraising experience in a non-profit setting
- Opportunity to learn fundraising database program skills
- Solicitation experience
- Learning to work with and manage volunteers
- Event planning/coordination experience
- Donor cultivation experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with input of auction donations into Greater Giving, the auction database. The database is used in auction item organization, catalog production, and cashiering.
- Research potential donors and sponsors. This role benefits from creativity and is great networking.
- Assist with incorporation of new fundraising aspects of the auction. This would involve research into other organization’s auctions and a degree of creativity.
- Assist with item procurement, catalog and PowerPoint descriptions, and gift certificate displays.
- Provide main support and organization on event night.
TO APPLY: Email a cover letter and resume with "Auktion Internship" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event Planning / Management
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 6 hours per week
- Qualifications and Requirements:Exceptional communication skills