Did you know...
- Lung cancer is the #1 cancer killer in America, and most people aren’t aware.
- Anyone can get it - if you have lungs, you can get lung cancer, and it’s on the rise in women.
- More than 33 million Americans suffer from asthma, COPD (which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis), and other lung diseases.
A LUNG FORCE Walk is like no other charity event. Join us as we raise awareness and funds to fight against lung cancer and for lung health. Together, we are a FORCE to be reckoned with. This is American Lung Association in Cincinnati's 2nd Annual LUNG FORCE Walk and we want your help to make it a success!
The walk will begin at the Ronald Reagan Lodge at Voice of America MetroPark. Each participant will be able to select how many times they would like to walk around the lake. The event will have music to enjoy provided by WARM98.5 and morning show hosts, Bob & Marianne, kids' activities, food, and lung health and advocacy information which will be located both in our mission area and in the Lodge.
Available volunteer shifts are:
- 6 AM - 9 AM Event set-up (Volunteers must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.)
- 8 AM - 12:00 Noon (Event registration, water stations, parking lot monitors, park attendants, cheerleaders, or "Mission Village" attendants.)
- 11:00 AM - 1 PM Event tear-down (Volunteers must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.)
- General Education
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours typically per shift, brief training
- ability to stand for long periods of time, willingness to be outside in the weather