Do you want to have fun and help plan and promote special events in your community? If you've been impacted by Alzheimer's disease and want to get more involved then our Longest Day team needs your help! We've grown from 18 teams that raised $20,000 in 2014 to 250 teams that raised $300,000 in 2018. To support this rapid growth, volunteers and interns from 96 counties across Missouri and Illinois are needed to help with a wide variety of activities as follows:
- Fall Volunteer Team/Special Events( Sept. 11 - Dec. 31): This team will help plan local thank you and kick-off events and set up monthly dine outs and collection sites and open house events. This group will also help secure donations from local business to use as incentive prizes and door prizes at parties. This team will also help market The Longest Day events on social media and calendar listings
- Spring Volunteer Team/Promotion & Outreach (January 8 - June 31): This team will help identify local leads to pursue in sectors like corporate, hobbies, athletics, fitness, parties, students. This group will also help promote the event locally by posting on social media and by distributing flyers, posters and listing local events on local event calendars.
- Full Year Volunteers( Sept. 11 - June 11) We welcome volunteers to join both the Fall and Spring teams.
- Year-round Volunteers are also needed in our St. Louis office to help update prospect and participant spreadsheets, assemble mailings, make welcome calls to new participants and help coach participants on tools available to help them succeed. This group will also help event marketing such as social media, newsletters and calendar listings
- Unpaid Interns are also needed year-round in any office.
All volunteers will participate in a monthly call every 2nd Tuesday at 6 pm from September to December and January to June. Teams in Illinois. St. Louis, Springfield and Columbia will also meet in person as needed and rural volunteers can support their regional team virtually. Volunteers will work 4 to 12 hours per month on a schedule that works best for them.
Join The Longest Day volunteer team aka "Team Awesome" and be a part of this awesome event that draws thousands of new people to the Association each year. Come find out what all the buzz is about
Interested in learning more? Please complete our sign up survey now. http://bit.ly/TLDVolunteerSurv ey
Contact: email@example.com O:314-801-0445 M:314-956-0370 #THELONGESTDAY! #ENDALZ Webpage http://www.alz.org/tld Local Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/tldgmo/
- People Skills
- Sales Coaching & Training
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours weekly
- Volunteers 18 or older