Volunteers can assist educators with the following at the Primary and Kindergarten:
- Teaching and assisting in Classes (Teaching options only if volunteer is comfortable and with a qualified teacher present.)
- Assist Art Projects (Assisting in preparation of art lessons)
- Assist in Sports Program (Athletics, soccer, netball, cross country, physical education)
- Assist in Social Program (Fun days and events for children)
- Covering books, marking, researching information for teachers, preparing resources for class activities, reading stories, singing song, rhymes etc.
- Assist with Admin Work (Typing of tests, information gathering, printing and laminating, general work)
- Assist with Cultural days (Concerts)Outreach Volunteer Options in the rural Village
TSHEGA FEEDING SCHEME AND HOMEWORK CLUB
Children’s parents/guardians in the village are uneducated and unable to support them with homework given resulting in poor performance in school. Tshega used this information to establish a Homework Club and Feeding Scheme aiming to serve this need.
Volunteers have the opportunity to support children through handing out lunch and assist students with their homework - if time permits games are played to develop social and motor skills.
Short courses are also given e.g. health and safety which will enrich the children’s lives. This program is functional in the afternoons from 14:30 to 16:00.
TSHEGA ORPHANED AND VULNERABLE CHILDREN SUPPORT
The orphaned and vulnerable children project aims to assist parents/guardians with basic needs e.g. food, water, clothes, school uniform and or individually identified needs. The organization currently have 47 children which are supported on different packages.
Volunteers can visit vulnerable families as basic needs are identified and take part in the quarterly delivering of donated basic needs.
Volunteers can assist with purchases, making up parcels, delivering donated items and adopting a vulnerable child.
BASADI SKILLS DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Volunteer in Basadi through teaching sewing, knitting and crocheting with already acquired skills. Tshega selects vulnerable women from the neighbouring village. These women are often uneducated and have no formal training.
We believe that well trained volunteers can contribute to our training program improving the women's skills in sewing, crocheting, kitting and crafts.
TSHEGA BUILDING PROGRAM
Our mission is to have a multipurpose facility that could serve the holistic needs of both the Educational and Outreach Programs.
The building will have a tremendous impact on our organization.
Volunteer will receive guidance by a trained builder to assist with building. Volunteers have the options to buy building material such as bricks, cement, window frame and more.
- Literacy / Reading
- Community Outreach
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Sports Coaching
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum two weeks