Driver for Casa Libre/Freedom House
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where845 S Lake StLos Angeles, CA 90057
We are looking for on-call volunteers to drive residents to appointments, hearings, meetings, therapy sessions, etc. The tasks would primarily be carried out Monday through Friday, intermittently between the hours of 8am to 4pm. We are looking for volunteers with lots of patience, reliability, and general knowledge of the Los Angeles Area. Spanish and English bilingual a plus. Hours are flexible but we really stress consistency. However much you can donate is great as long as your schedule is reliable an consistent, wether it's a few hours every week or every other week.
The Casa Libre/Freedom Home is a project of the Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law, Inc. It is a licensed emergency and long-term 14-bed shelter for minors under the age of 18 without homes, including unaccompanied immigrant and refugee children.
The Center is a non-profit, public interest legal foundation dedicated to furthering and protecting the civil, constitutional, and human rights of immigrants, refugees, children, prisoners, and the poor.
- Truck Driving
- Youth Services
- Bus/Van Driving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Variable, dependent on your schedule.
- Valid CA driver's licenseCurrent insurance for vehicle and passengersClean driv
- Homeless Research Intern
- History of Law Project
- Athletic Volunteer
- Make Your Voice Heard. Write for...
- Volunteer Research Assistant
- Help Prisoners in Solitary...
- Tents-4-Homeless Social Media...
- Youth Shelter Graduate...
- Join the Fight Against Family...
- Driver for Casa Libre/Freedom...
- Gardener/Master Gardener
- Tent4Homeless project
- Tutor Los Angeles
- Help Eliminate Racial...
- Human Rights Intern or Volunteer
- Unaccompanied Minors Shelter...
- Help the Homeless of Los Angeles
- Help the Homeless and Advocate...