Tutor Los Angeles
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where845 S. Lake St.Los Angeles, CA 90057
Tutors & Mentors needed 2-3 days a week to assist homeless and unaccompanied immigrant youth residents of the Casa Libre/Freedom House shelter in Los Angeles. The shelter has 6-8 residents mostly boys 16-17 years old from Central America and Mexico. Tutoring time is scheduled in the early evenings Monday through Friday. Residents need tutoring in math, science, English. Casa Libre is a historic mansion located in the Pico-Union district of Los Angeles close to MacArthur Park (Wilshire and Alvarado). More about the program available at www.casa-libre.org
The Casa Libre/Freedom Home is a project of the Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law, Inc. It is a licensed emergency and long-term shelter for minors under the age of 18 without homes, including unaccompanied immigrant and refugee children.
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible. 2-4 hours a week preferred.
- Interest in homeless youth, education, immigrant youth.
- Homeless Research Intern
- History of Law Project
- Athletic Volunteer
- Make Your Voice Heard. Write for...
- Volunteer Research Assistant
- Help Prisoners in Solitary...
- Tents-4-Homeless Social Media...
- Youth Shelter Graduate...
- Join the Fight Against Family...
- Driver for Casa Libre/Freedom...
- Gardener/Master Gardener
- Tent4Homeless project
- Tutor Los Angeles
- Help Eliminate Racial...
- Human Rights Intern or Volunteer
- Unaccompanied Minors Shelter...
- Help the Homeless of Los Angeles
- Help the Homeless and Advocate...