Sponsored by the San Carlos Service Clubs (Rotary, Kiwanis & Lions) and the San Carlos Adult Community Center, the Caring Cupboard is a food assistance community program with a history of helping the older adults in San Carlos.
Responsiblities that maybe assigned to a volunteer: Food Pick-up (about 7:00 am), Pick-up the meat from Safeway. Pick-up fruit and vegetables from Lunardi's, Truck needed (must possess CA Driver's License), Unload truck (about 8:00 am). Help unload groceries.Baggers that help sort food and put food in bags. Check in Desk for clients. Check in clients per community center policy. Sign out food vouchers and stamp cards for clients.
Delivery volunteers responsibilites deliver bags of food to the homebound seniors, Car needed (must possess CA Driver's License)
Qualifications: Desire to help others; possess patience and strong sense of responsibility; food pick-up and delivery drivers must have a current CA Driver's License. Time Commitment: Flexible hours; a monthly commitment; approximately 3 to 4 hours bi-weekly. Volunteer Job orientation will be provided by community center staff.
- Truck Driving
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Homework Assistant and Tutor -...
- Food Delivery - Society of St....
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Family Harvest - Second Harvest...
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- California Highway Patrol...
- Brown Bag Program - Second...
- Medicare Counselor - HICAP
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Life Skills Workshop Instructor...
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Senior Peer Counselor -...
- Senior Nutrition
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- Recreation Instructor
- SFO Travelers Information