Senior Peer Counselor - Peninsula Family Services
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereMills Peninsula Senior Focus1720 El Camino Real, Ste. 10Burlingame, CA 94010
Peninsula Family Services Senior Peer Counseling program is seeking warm, caring, non-judgmental men and women who are 50+ years of age. There are no special educational requirements, but rather an interest in working with older adults. Volunteers provide one-to-one counseling to elderly residents of San Mateo County. Counselors are given a 36-hours of training with two three hour session per week for six weeks. Counselors are asked to attend counselor support meetings held every-other-week, as well as quarterly in-service meetings. Volunteers are assigned cases in the area where volunteers live. Ongoing supervision and training are provided. Hours are flexible. A one-year commitment is asked. Skills required: be a good listener - be yourself!
- Public Speaking
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- A one-year commitment is asked.
- Homework Assistant and Tutor -...
- Food Delivery - Society of St....
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- California Highway Patrol...
- Brown Bag Program - Second...
- Medicare Counselor - HICAP
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Life Skills Workshop Instructor...
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Senior Peer Counselor -...
- Senior Nutrition
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- Recreation Instructor
- CalFresh Outreach Assistant -...
- SFO Travelers Information