Daly City Peninsula Partnership- HART (Healthy Aging Response Team) HART Volunteers take telephone calls regarding social services for older adults and adults with disabilities; volunteers provide information and referrals and conduct necessary follow-up calls.
Example of Duties: HART Volunteers take calls, access computer databases, communicate directly with agencies and government bodies regarding referrals, keep written records and make culturally sensitive, nonjudgmental relationships with callers. Volunteers attend supervision meetings and actively participate in feedback sessions.
Qualifications: HART Volunteers have strong interpersonal skills; the desire to be of service to older adults and those with disabilities; be able to listen deeply, be patient, compassionate, and demonstrate good judgment; be detailed and careful in record keeping; have basic computer knowledge; be available for a minimum of one four-hour shift each week. HART Volunteers must pass a criminal background check and sign confidentiality agreement.
Training: HART Volunteers participate in a 30-40 hour comprehensive training that will give them a working understanding of the community based services available to Daly City residents and methods of personal communication that promotes compassionate, caring phone engagement.
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Case Work / Management
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Community Outreach
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- one four-hour shift each week.
- have basic computer knowledge. HART Volunteers must? sign confidentiality agreement.
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Mercy Beyond Borders - Accountant
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Samaritan House - Administration...
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- Get up & Go Volunteer -...
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Senior Nutrition
- Senior Focus - Activity...
- Senior Focus - Activities...
- SFO Travelers Information
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Meals on Wheels - Meal Delivery...
- Peninsula Family Service - 70...
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Project Read Literacy Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...