It is the Mission of HICAP (Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program) to provide accurate and objective counseling, advocacy, and assistance with Medicare, health insurance, managed care, long-term care, and related health coverage plans for Medicare beneficiaries, their representatives, or persons imminent of Medicare eligibility, and to educate the public on Medicare and health coverage issues. HICAP is a program of the California Department of Aging. Medicare Counselor : Volunteers will counsel seniors in Medicare beneficiaries on Medicare eligibility and benefits, supplementing Medicare, billing problems, denial of service and other Medicare issues. Volunteers will be provided 30+ classroom hours of training, plus an internship of 10+ hours. Volunteers are needed county-wide in San Mateo. Volunteers are stationed at one or two locations near their homes. Other language skills are a big plus. Mandarin, Chinese, Spanish.
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- HICAP will provide mileage/bus reimbursement
- Homework Assistant and Tutor -...
- Food Delivery - Society of St....
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Family Harvest - Second Harvest...
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- California Highway Patrol...
- Brown Bag Program - Second...
- Medicare Counselor - HICAP
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Life Skills Workshop Instructor...
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Senior Peer Counselor -...
- Senior Nutrition
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- Recreation Instructor
- SFO Travelers Information