The position of Office Assistant serves as the receptionist for A.S.S.I.S.T., supporting the organization’s mission of supporting clients through the Social Security Administration disability benefits application process.
- Greets guests
- Answers the main phone line and directs calls; data enter phone contacts into client progress notes
- Opens the mail; data enter incoming mail into client progress notes
- Copy, fax and/or file client information
- Set-up new client files; both physical files and on the computer Records donations that come in and enters them in the database
- Occasionally review medical records
- Shred sensitive documents
- Prepares correspondence as needed
- Other duties as assigned Training for this position will be provided.
In addition, the Director will be available for questions and assistance.
- Administrative Support
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 1-2 afternoons per week for 4 hours 1-5 p.m.
- Basic knowledge of computer and data entry
- Pleasant manner, patience, problem-so