Daly City Peninsula Partnership is in need of Tutors. The intent of this program is to tutor students in basic skills and comprehension of subject materials. Students are referred to this program by classroom teachers - these are students who need reinforcement in reading and math. Duties include: Working with the teachers on various classroom assignments, Listening to a student read, Assisting students with their writing assignments, Encouraging conversations with students, Assisting students with basic elementary level math. Qualifications/Skills Needed: Must love working with children. Previous experience work in a school environment is a plus. Volunteers need to be flexible and have a positive attitude when working with children. Volunteers must attend a pre-service interview and complete a volunteer registration packet. Applicants must pass screening process which includes a criminal background check and TB test. The volunteer enrollment process can take two to six weeks
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours each week - during the entire school year
- Volunteer orientation and on-the-job training will be provided by program staff. Volunteers also wi
- Homework Assistant and Tutor -...
- Food Delivery - Society of St....
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Family Harvest Food Distribution
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- California Highway Patrol...
- Brown Bag Food Distribution
- Medicare Counselor - HICAP
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Life Skills Workshop Instructor...
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Senior Peer Counselor -...
- Senior Nutrition
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- Recreation Instructor
- SFO Travelers Information