Job Train is an educational and training institution that also offers career counseling and job placement services to our graduates. We help our clients launch new careers and break out of the community's existing cycle of poverty, low education levels, homelessness, drugs, crime, and prison. Through each student's personal and professional growth, Jo bTrain is creating a new and positive model for other members of the community. The mission of Job Train is to help those who are most in need to succeed. Our purpose is to improve the lives of people in our community through assessment, attitude and job skills training, and high potential career placement.Tutor: Assist students in one of our vocational programs and/or our GED class. Work one-on-one with a student on English, math, science, PC skills, and a variety of other subjects. This is an important component of our students' success as they enter JobTrain with different educational levels.
- Reading Comprehension
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours/week depending on need
- Homework Assistant and Tutor -...
- Food Delivery - Society of St....
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- California Highway Patrol...
- Brown Bag Program - Second...
- Medicare Counselor - HICAP
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Life Skills Workshop Instructor...
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Senior Peer Counselor -...
- Senior Nutrition
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- Recreation Instructor
- CalFresh Outreach Assistant -...
- SFO Travelers Information