89 people are interested
Social Media Marketing
89 people are interested
We are looking for an intern/volunteer with an understanding of digital media including various social media websites. MHAGC is currently redesigning and updating the website and is active on social media.
Choose from one or all of the following: Posting on blogs, forums, and social networks, Online outreach or promotion using either Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter.
Commitment 1-5 hours per week.
This position can be designed for undergraduate or graduate program internship/practicum credits. Volunteers should consider this role for credits in marketing, communication, writing, or journalism programs. The exact number of hours and responsibilities can be tailored to meet the requirements of individual programs.
The interns/volunteers selected will need strong critical thinking and creativity abilities and should be very excited to share content about mental health in general, as well as content specific to MHAGC.
About Mental Health Association GC (MHAGC)
6323 N. Avondale Avenue, Suite 252, Chicago, IL 60631, US
MISSION The mission of MHAGC is to maximize the mental and emotional wellness of our communities by promoting prevention and increasing empowerment through our education and support programs. VISION The Mental Health Association of Greater Chicago is working to ensure that all members of our community have the opportunity to live full lives, free from the stigma and prejudice associated with mental health issues. We strive to empower individuals to maintain and improve their mental health; while giving people with the tools necessary to identify situations in which they should seek help for themselves or someone close to them.
Welcome to the MHAGC volunteer page!
Thank you for considering MHAGC; we are delighted that are you interested in learning more about us and what we do. Volunteers form the core of our organization. We believe that volunteers are front and central to our success as we work to expand our reach and realize our vision. Please see www.mhagcusa.org or call us for more information about us, our programs and/or services.
There are a number of steps involved in becoming volunteer:
1) Select a volunteer position!
2) After reviewing your request, we will reach out to you by email to begin the process. Please attach your resume.
3) If you are a good match for a position, you will be invited to come into the MHAGC office for an introductory meeting or to schedule a time to talk on the phone.
4) The volunteer packet will be presented, reviewed and signed. As some of our programs contain information and content that is proprietary, you may be asked to complete a confidentiality and conflict of interest agreement.
5) Volunteering can begin!
Please note: MHAGC volunteer positions focus on leadership, outreach, fundraising, and administration. Other than the support group roles (still in development) we cannot offer volunteer positions that have direct contact with individuals with mental illness or mental health related issues.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 28, 2021
- Social Media / Blogging
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 1-5 hours per week