If you are in High Schoool between 13-18 years old and would like to volunteer to provide education to your middle/high school-aged peers, SafeHouse Center has a program in which you can do so. Teen Voice is our peer education program in which teen volunteers are trained to give presentations to their peers on the issues of dating violence, healthy relationships, and sexual assault. This program involves attending weekly meetings, developing public speaking skills, and an interest in being an agent for change in your community. Safehouse Center provides training to all peer educators which can be included on future resumes.
Please see below for the next mandatory training dates:
Our Fall 2018 Direct Service Volunteer Training will take place over five days:
- Day 1: Friday, September 28th from 5:30pm - 9:30pm. Dinner will be provided.
- Day 2: Saturday, September 29th from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
- Day 3: Sunday, September 30th from9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
To apply for this position please go to www.safehousecenter.org/volunteer-information/volunteer-applications-forms/to complete application. After the application has been received you will be contacted about the next steps in the application process.
If you have any questions please contact Laura Hoehner-Dane, Volunteer and Intern Coordinator at 734-973-0242 ext. 252 or email@example.com
- Public Speaking
- General Education
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- Interview, one-time training,& full school year
- 3 presentations per semester and attend 3 out of 4 monthly meetings