High School Teen Peer Educator Volunteers ages 13-18y
60 people are interested
If you are in High Schoool between 13-18 years old and would like to volunteer to provide education to your high school-aged peers, SafeHouse Center has a program in which you can do so. Teen Voice is our peer education program in which teen volunteers are trained to give presentations to their peers on the issues of dating violence, healthy relationships, and sexual assault. This program involves attending weekly meetings, developing public speaking skills, and an interest in being an agent for change in your community. Safehouse Center provides training to all peer educators which can be included on future resumes.
Requirements of the program:
- You must attend all mandatory training
- Applicants must be 13 years and up
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Washtenaw County Student enrolled in High School
- Attend 3 out of 4 weekly meetings on Wednesday from 6:30pm-8pm
To apply for this position please go to www.safehousecenter.org/volunteer-information/volunteer-applications-forms/to complete application. After the application has been received you will be contacted about the next steps in the application process.
If you have any questions please contact Laura Hoehner-Dane, Volunteer and Intern Coordinator at 734-973-0242 ext. 297 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About SafeHouse Center
4100 CLARK RD, ANN ARBOR, MI 48105, US
To provide safety, support, advocacy and resources for survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence and their children, and To work relentlessly to change the systems and attitudes that allow this abuse to continue.
SafeHouse Center provides support for those impacted by domestic violence or sexual assault. SafeHouse provides free and confidential services for any person victimized that lives or works in Washtenaw County. Our services include emergency shelter for those in danger of being hurt or killed, counseling, legal advocacy, support groups, and especially, hope .
- March 10, 2017 (Friday) 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- March 11, 2017 (Saturday) 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- March 12, 2017 (Sunday) 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- March 24, 2017 (Friday) 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- March 25, 2017 (Saturday) 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Check out www.safehousecenter.org for more details.
We'll work with your schedule.
4100 Clark RdAnn Arbor, MI 48105
- Public Speaking
- General Education
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- face to face Interview, attend mandatory training & full school year commitment.
- 3 presentations per semester and attend 3 out of 4 monthly meetings