It is the Mission of REACT to provide public service communications to individuals, organizations, and government agencies to save lives, prevent injuries, and give assistance wherever and whenever needed.We will strive to establish a monitoring network of trained volunteer citizen-based communicators using any and all available means to deliver the message.
Radio operators are needed for special events. Some events are "street fairs" and are worked by walking. Some events are at several remote locations and are driven to (work performed sitting in or by parked vehicle). Amateur Radio license strongly encouraged. Training is provided through the "buddy" system. Volunteer will be paired with current Blackberry member. Blackberry REACT covers the south half of San Mateo County and the northern portion of Santa Clara County, providing community event and emergency communications.
- Problem Solving
- Disaster Response
- Event Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Homework Assistant and Tutor -...
- Food Delivery - Society of St....
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Family Harvest Food Distribution
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- California Highway Patrol...
- Brown Bag Food Distribution
- Medicare Counselor - HICAP
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Life Skills Workshop Instructor...
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Senior Peer Counselor -...
- Senior Nutrition
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- Recreation Instructor
- SFO Travelers Information