Global Potential (GP) is a non-profit organization founded in 2007. GP provides urban youth from low-income communities with an 16-month leadership program, giving them the skills and perspective to effect positive change in their lives and communities. Youth engage in leadership training, social entrepreneurship, international cultural exchange and service learning.
We are seeking a highly motivated, focused, outgoing individual to manage our fundraising efforts. The Fundraising Manager will be integral in sustaining this growth, making a significant contribution to the organization and the youth we serve. As the manager of fundraising and special events you will play an integral role in ensuring Global Potential's short and long-term fundraising goals. This is an opportunity for a motivated self-starter interested in helping to implement our fundraising strategy over the course of the next year. You will be spearheading fundraising efforts and delegating tasks to other staff while receiving support and guidance from the Executive Director, the Board's Fundraising Committee, and the CEO. You will be working closely with the Chief Marketing Officer and the Social Media team, as well as the Controller and the Finance Team.
The primary goal of Fundraising Manager is to implement company's fundraising strategy.
* Performing company's fundraising strategy
* Researching markets to identify opportunities for fundraising
* Cultivating potential donors and communicating with current donors
* Writing proposals to obtain grants and preparing presentations to deliver to potential donors and key stakeholders
* Overseeing event planning and campaigns
* Developing existing and new fundraising products, initiatives and events
* Maintaining organization's member and donor databases
* Overseeing the development and motivation of a pool of volunteers who can assist with different aspects of fundraising
Qualifications and skills:
- A bachelors degree, Master's degree is a plus
- Significant experience developing and implementing effective fundraising programs
- A proven track record of revenue generation and prior experience with direct mail campaigns, major donors, events, endowments or other campaigns
- Able to give effective presentations products and initiatives
- Experience in the not for profit sector is a plus
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, enthusiastic personality
- Ability to work independently and creatively, as well as part of a team
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills (PC or MAC): Microsoft Office, Internet
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus, ability with databases required
- Any other language is a plus, especially Spanish, French, Creole
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Development
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours per week minimum
- Commitment of 6 months to do an impact for our cause
- Salesforce Database Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator
- Youth Ambassador Senior Program...
- Fundraising/Development Manager
- Youth Ambassador Program...
- Salesforce Database Manager
- Operations Manager
- Youth Ambassador Program Intern
- HR Administrator
- International Program Associate
- IT Coordinator
- Youth Ambassador Program...
- College and Career Readiness...