Make a Difference as a Hospice Volunteer
40 people are interested
We are looking for special people with a hospice heart. Acting as a hospice volunteer is an amazing gift that you can give not only others, but that you can give yourself.
Opportunities as a volunteer include:
- Spending time with patients and their families. This can be talking, reading, playing music, or simply just being present.
- Sharing your unique talents - musician, artist, storyteller, anything that you feel can ease those we serve
- Providing massage therapy, reiki, and other holistic modalities (licensed and certification required)
- Administrative office work and event planning
Just tell us how you would like to volunteer with hospice patients and families and we will find you the right spot. Please join us today.
Ascend Hospice is committed to providing exceptional care and services with integrity and compassion. Founded in 1995, Ascend Hospice is a nondenominational, multicultural hospice and palliative care provider built on the belief that hospice services should reflect the life we live - one lived fully and with dignity. With offices in California, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Kansas, Missouri, and Virginia, the company currently provides care for approximately 850 patients in nursing homes, assisted-living facilities, hospitals and private homes. Dedicated to a holistic approach, Ascend Hospice’s expert interdisciplinary teams provide state-of-the art hospice care, including pain control and symptom management through holistic and traditional therapies, as well as emotional support for patients and families.
We'll work with your schedule.
7344 Magnolia Ave, suite 245Riverside, CA 92504
- Massage Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Music Theory
- Hospice Care
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible depending upon volunteer's availability