Social Media Specialist
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Remineralize the Earth is a non-profit organization with a strong impact around the world. We work towards educating policy makers, farmers, international institutions and the general public about the benefits of healthier soils- which can be achieved through remineralization. And a large part of this work is done through social media! We are currently looking for a Social Media Expert. Major responsibilities include:
1. Reinforcing and improving our social media strategic plan, encompassing all of our social media platforms.
2. Maintain all social media profiles, keeping them active and engaging by writing and scheduling updates on all of our accounts.
3. Collaborate with other team members to get the latest news about our projects and initiatives into social media.
4. Researching and reporting on emerging social media trends.
For this position we are looking for someone with a background and experience in journalism, marketing, visual arts, communications or related fields. Familiarity with social analytics platforms (especially Hootsuite) as well as experience with Facebook PAGES, twitter, and Ning are a plus. A minimum of 6 hours per week is required. This position can be performed remotely. Why RTE?
·By volunteering with RTE, you will be part of an exciting and vital environmental movement! At RTE we work towards educating policy makers, farmers, international institutions and the general public about the benefits of healthier soils- which can be achieved through remineralization:
- After 3 months of volunteering, we can write a recommendation on your LinkedIn and other social media profiles.
- We can write professional recommendations telling your contacts about our experience with you.
- Most importantly, you will be contributing to education outreach to stabilize the climate and produce more nutritious food. Come join us, by dedicating your precious time and skills. Please join our team!
We will contact you if you seem like you would be a great fit for us. When responding please attach your resume as a PDF, along with how many hour per week you are able to volunteer. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Social Media / Blogging
- Basic Computer Skills
- Environmental Science
- Community Outreach
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- At least 5hr/week
- Great communication skills and working knowledge of social media and hootsuite required.
More opportunities with Remineralize the Earth, Towards a Sustainable Agriculture, Forestry and Climate
- Crowdsource Funding Campaign –...
- Promoting Nonprofit Through...
- Webmaster needed for our ...
- GRANT WRITING: Help our...
- Resource Directory Coordinator
- Analyze Results of Our Latest...
- Translators for inspiring...
- Popular Science Writer for...
- Assistant to Executive Director
- Social Media Specialist
- Volunteer for Organizing...