Mentors-Covenant House Alaska
20 people are interested
Being a mentor is a highly rewarding endeavor. It’s a chance to provide guidance and serve as a positive role model for one of our youth, aged 16 to 20, who is making the journey to self-sufficiency and independence. Covenant House Alaska’s Mentorship program is in need of qualified volunteers to fill these important roles.
We make an effort to match each of the residents in our Transitional Living programs with an adult mentor. You’ll work one-on-one with your youth to help develop the skills they need to live independently. Just as important, mentors provide our youth with a much-needed connection with a caring, reliable adult.
As a mentor, you would make a commitment to:
- Spend time with your youth match at least twice a month.
- Maintain weekly phone contact with your youth match.
- Attend a monthly meeting & activity.
To be a mentor at Covenant House Alaska, you must:
- Be at least 30 years of age.
- Enjoy youth.
- Have patience.
- Have been an Alaska resident for at least three years.
- Make a two-year commitment to the mentorship program.
- Have the ability to maintain clear boundaries with youth.
- Have the ability to work well with Covenant House Alaska staff.
We'll work with your schedule.
755 A StreetAnchorage, AK 99501
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training
- up to 2 years