WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where310 S. Peoria Suite 404Chicago, IL 60603
MHAGC Program Manager
The Program Manager will train, supervise, manage and lead a team of Program Facilitators in the presentation and delivery of MHAGC mental health educational programs. Program Managers will also supervise and offer analysis and interpretation of data generated through program assessment tools.
- This position is primarily designed for graduate program internship/practicum credits. The exact number of hours and responsibilities can be tailored to meet the requirements of individual programs. The above percentages of based off of a 200-hour PhD level internship/practicum requirement.
- Prior to the commencement of program, Managers must provide facilitator training. The dates and times of the training can be arranged at the discretion of the Manager. Managers should expect to arrange two training sessions, spend 20 hours on this process.
- The program is administered in Chicago area schools one day per week for 10 weeks, during the Fall and Spring semesters. Facilitators must commit to spending one full 8-hour day per week facilitating in schools. The exact day depends of the needs and preference of the individual schools.
- During the program, Managers should expect to spend 4 hours per week on additional supervision, review, planning.
Organize and Conduct MHAGC Educational Program Facilitator Training (20% - 40 hrs)
- Training of Facilitators in MHAGC Curriculum: Prior to the commencement of the program in schools, Managers will train, teach and prepare Program Facilitators in the use of the curriculum. Managers must ensure that facilitators have an in-depth understanding and mastery of the curriculum. Program Facilitators are comprised of Psychology, Education and/or Allied Health graduate students engaged in internship or practicum activity. At times, Facilitators may be Seniors in undergraduate psychology programs that have exhibited a level of excellence in their studies and are seeking graduate training in psychology.
The cornerstone MHAGC educational program is Living-to-learn (L2L). L2L is a 10-week, 15 lesson curriculum presented to Chicago Public High School freshmen. Lessons include the following topics: Stress, Mental Health, and Counseling; Secondary Illness; Depression; Suicide; Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder; Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; Conduct Disorder; Self-Injurious Behavior; Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder; Eating Disorders; Autism; Substance Abuse; Bipolar; Schizophrenia.
Program Supervision (60% - 120 hrs)
- Supervision of Program Execution: Work with Facilitators on weekly basis to ensure preparedness for that weeks lesson. Offer support, constructive feedback, and strategies for success. Attendance is required in the participating schools during the 10-week program.
- Supervision of Assessment Administration: Ensure the appropriate administration ofthe assessments that are conducted before, during, and after the program to measure current knowledge and stigma, as well as prevalence of disorders such as Depression, Anxiety, and Substance Abuse.
- Review and Supervision of Assessment grading and Interpretation: Assessments are graded and the results analyzed through SPSS to determine relative effectiveness of the Program. Managers must ensure that the work and analysis of the Facilitators is accurate and appropriate.
Interdisciplinary Collaboration & Communication (5% - 10 hrs)
- Managers are responsible for communicating with class teachers to ensure the programs are being administered in an effective and appropriate way, and take any and all feedback offered. Managers will supervise and collaborate with facilitators as they provide counselors tracking forms/incident reports in relation to students who have sought help after viewing a presentation.
Supervision of Referrals to Community Resources (5% - 10 hrs)
- Facilitators will also be required to refer students who come forward for follow-up based on the MHAGC guidelines in doing so. Supervisors will review and approve all referrals.
Administration & Additional Duties (10% - 20 hrs)
- Office work and administration as required in the running of a successful program.
- Additional duties may be asked of the Manager during the semester such as presenting the curriculum in the event of a Facilitator absence & engaging in activities that help spread awareness about MHAGC.
- Experience with SPSS and/or Excel
- Experience administering, interpreting and analyzing assessment tools
- MHAGC programs delve into the daily life of Chicago high school students, and facilitators should be prepared for a diverse, interesting experience!
- Mental Health
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Up to 200 hours over a typical academic semester
- <br data-mce-bogus="1">