StandUp For Kids is committed to the help and rescue of homeless and street kids. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives. We have been on the streets since January 1990 and continue to grow our organization to help America's homeless youth.
The Director of Volunteers recruits, trains and supports current and potential volunteers.
- Ensure that ALL volunteers submit a Background Investigation and receive approval prior to entering the program;
- In addition to a Background Investigation, interviews all potential volunteers and verifies completed character references and waiver of liability;
- Maintains all volunteer files and manages this responsibility with discretion and CONFIDENTIALITY;
- Assign volunteers positions that complement their skills and interests;
- Create and maintain a training plan and logistics;
- Ensure that appropriate training is completed and recorded;
- Evaluate volunteer performance;
- Create and implement a volunteer recognition program.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Director of Kid Development (&...
- Graphic Design
- Director of Program Support (&...
- 023 Help Us Build A Youth...
- Event Planning
- Director of Community Resource...
- 023 Leadership...
- Director of Adult Training (&...
- 023 Fund Development Staff
- Program Support
- Street Outreach Counselor
- Director of Volunteers (&...
- Grant Researcher/Writer
- Outreach Volunteer
- 023 Outreach Sponsor- Meal...
- 032 Turn Purple Volunteer
- Homeless youth organization...
- Public Relations