Advisory Committee Member
7 people are interested
AWOFINC’s advisory committee exists to help the organization raise funds, tap into existing community resources, and use their networks and relationships to integrate the AWOFINC projects within other community activities. Meetings are held quarterly and last approximately 1.5 hours. Members are responsible for their own transportation to meetings. Refreshments may be served at advisory committee meetings. The advisory committee meets as a body and, on occasion, forms subcommittees to explore issues in greater detail for consideration by the full advisory board. Recommendations are forwarded to Chairman and the Board of Directors
- Be residents of or employed in the areas we serve and be familiar with the area's social service and economic development needs.
- Be familiar with such programs as HUD, TANF, CDBG, and CSBG and other human service development programs activities. Examples include but are not limited to: asset building, earned income tax credit services, banking and savings, homeowner ship, higher education, microbusiness, training, and more.
- Be familiar with various aspects of fundraising. This might include having established relationships with potential funding partners, such as community foundations, corporations, individual donors or angel investors. It also might include knowledge of fundraising and grant making, such as preparation of funding applications.
- Be able to participate effectively in a collaborative group process, which requires ability to listen to and work well with other board members, provide feedback in a respectful manner, and be open to a diversity of ideas.
We'll work with your schedule.
AWOFINCChicago Metro SouthFar South SuburbsChicago, IL 60621
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Public Relations
- Business Development
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 21
- 1-5 hours per month
- Provides positive support of the organization to the general public