Networking, Outreach and Advocacy Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where26040 AceroSte 106Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Networking, Outreach, and Advocacy volunteer will work to support our mission through establishing and maintaining relationships with community, healthcare organizations, nonprofits, and other local organizations. Responsibilities include researching and developing organizational contacts and relationships, maintaining supportive contact with volunteers, and managing materials and new programs distribution. This is a great opportunity to learn relevant job skills that nonprofit and business employers need. While open to any major, those interested in mental health, missions, community development, nonprofit management, and business will especially benefit.
Description of Tasks
- Working closely with and supporting a network of volunteers within the community.
- Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of organization by leveraging our outreach and engagement with the community.
- Recruit new volunteers by events, reaching out to community, using social media, etc.
- Translating research into actionable message.
- Research for strategic planning and database development to promote organization.
- Specific project activities may include outreach through social media, and the creation of original blogs.
- Volunteers will develop and enact effective strategies to communicate the benefits of joining our organization, be the point of contact for non-profit leaders, maintain organized and up-to-date outreach progress reports, and track outreach success.
- Volunteers will gain valuable outreach and online marketing experience.
- Develop excellent verbal and written communication skills, and experience with social media tools, exaggerators, and applications.
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible! We'll work with you!