We are specifically looking for male mentors for our 17 males on a waiting list for a mentor. We have closed off male youth applicants from applying until we can shorten our wait list.
Our mentors come from all different backgrounds, but they all share a passion for supporting our children. TRUE Mentors is built around the idea that through healthy, encouraging relationships our greatest potential can be unearthed. When a child has the love, support and encouragement from a dedicated mentor and friend, there is no end to the possibilities life presents.
TRUE Mentors encourages Mentors and Mentees to create their own schedule and engage in activities they both enjoy. In partnership with the Boys and Girls Club of Hoboken, we offer classes once a week for our mentors and children to participate in together. Check out our great list of activities on our calendar.
Wondering whether you’d be a good TRUE Mentor? Here is an overview of some of the requirements:
- 21 years or older
- Live in and around Hoboken, NJ
- Willing and able to commit a year to a relationship with a mentee
- Willing and able to spend a minimum of 8 hours per month with a mentee
- The desire to change the course of a child’s life as well as their own
- TRUE Mentors will interview you, train you and help you get fingerprinted
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- One year for 8 hours a month (flexible scheduling)
- This post is specifically for males, though we are always looking for female mentors as well!