59 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Kentucky Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP)
Please visit the new page to apply.
59 people are interested
Media Volunteers write articles and assist in the production of the quarterly SMP newsletter, SMP Bingo Games, ListServ messages, and social media marketing. Volunteers can assist with all aspects of the newsletter, including compilation of photos, articles, and resources, editing and distribution. Volunteers can research Medicare tips and construct Bingo cards. Volunteers can post to SMP's social media venues.
About Kentucky Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP)
400 E Gray St, Louisville, KY 40202, US
Senior Medicare Patrol ( SMP ) helps Medicare beneficiaries, their families and caregivers who have questions about billing issues or believe they may be a victim of healthcare fraud or scams. SMP empowers and assist Medicare beneficiaries, their families, and caregivers to prevent, detect, and report health care fraud, errors, and abuse through outreach, counseling, and education.
Did You Know?
- $68 billion taxdollars are lost annually to Medicare fraud, errors, and abuse each year?
- Billing errors are common and can easily be corrected.
- You can help! Medicare Beneficiaries are the first line of defense against healthcare fraud. Learning how to protect personal information, detect fraud, errors and abuse, and reporting suspicious activities can help save taxdollars from criminals.
What is Healthcare Fraud?
Medicare fraud happens when Medicare is billed for services or supplies you never got or didn't need. Errors and abuse occur when questionable practices result in unnecessary costs to Medicare.
How Does the SMP Program Help Stop Healthcare Fraud?
SMP staff and volunteers visit seniors wherever they gather, at senior centers, housing complexes, churches, and health fairs and talk about what they can do to prevent, detect and report Medicare fraud. You can help us to do that by learning about Medicare and either visiting groups of seniors to train them on what Medicare fraud is or by attending community events like health fairs to meet people and distribute information.
- Protect, Detect, Report: We teach beneficiaries how to protect personal information, detect fraud, errors and abuse, and report suspicious activity.
- The SMP Matters Newsletter is sent to over 4,000 senior citizens in almost every county in Kentucky.
- Our Presentation Menu lists topics that may be of interest to a senior group in your area.
- Medicare Bingo: We have a variety of educational Bingo games that share important Medicare information to seniors in a fun way! Call us to learn more!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 17, 2022
- Adult Education
- Graphic Design
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- All Volunteers must complete the SMP Foundations training and pass a nation