HOSPICE NEED - Passion for Music? (Dayton & Surrounding Areas)
5 people are interested
Flexible, Important, 2-3 Hours a month, Training Provided.... Be a part of our volunteer team!
Visit with hospice patients and their families, provide extra support and companionship.
Depending on your time, interests and skills, the following list contains some ideas on how you can assist your patient/family. These are simply suggestions - feel free to use your imagination!
- Friendly visiting and phone calls.
- Provide relief for the primary caregiver (2-3 hours) so they can get out of the house, run errands or enjoy some time by themselves.
- Offer to run errands, such as to the post office or grocery store.
- Bring a book or magazine of interest to the patient or offer to read them a favorite story or the local paper.
- Help them write letters to family and friends - this could even include help with holiday greeting cards.
- Depending upon their condition, provide opportunities and suggest activities in which they might be interested, go for a walk or help them learn a new craft.
- Cook up one of your specialties or something that sounds good to the patient.
- Go through and label old pictures for them.
- Provide a cassette recorder and interview them as they tell their life stories.
We would LOVE to have you become a part of our TEAM!
Training, support, guidance..... just try it! Call Bridget Lewis TODAY! 9372721349
Some people are too tired to give you a smile;
Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give.
About Compassus Hospice and Palliative Care
Dayton & Cincinnati, Dayton, OH 45459, US
MISSION STATEMENT: To provide compassionate, individualized end of life service to patients and families.
Compassus Hospice serves Dayton, Cincinnati and surrounding communities providing end of life care.
At the heart of hospice is the belief that everyone has the right to dignity and freedom from pain at the end of life.
That's why Compassus creates personalized care plans, giving patients the specific care they need and deserve.
Hospice is a service brought to the patient wherever they live. We focus on reducing physical and emotional suffering during the final stages of illness, and increases the quality of life for patients, their families and loved ones.
Volunteers typically travel 5-20 miles from their home or work addresses to visits patients 2-4X a month.
We'll work with your schedule.
Nursing Facilities, Patient HomesDayton, OH 45420
- Massage Therapy
- Veteran Care
- Music Arts
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training