The YWCA E. Cherry Branch offers a variety of programs for women and families in the Central District. This includes the Central Area Food Bank, Central Family Emergency Housing, Housing Stability Project, Permanent Housing Stability Program, and the Children’s Domestic Violence program. The Front Desk is the hub for activities and programs at the E. Cherry Branch, and we need a volunteer to help create a welcoming environment. The Front Desk volunteer will be helping support the Front Desk staff with general office duties twice a week 3-4 hours per day. This position is a great opportunity for someone who is outgoing and interested in gaining additional office experience.
- Answers a multi-line phone, directing calls and answering basic questions
- Greets walk-in clients, donors, and visitors, answers questions, and directs inquiries
- Maintains physical environment of front desk, common work station, and reception area; keeps areas clean and well stocked with necessary supplies
- Performs typing, copying, data entry, filing and faxing in support of program and administrative staff
- Miscellaneous office tasks including copying, distributing, and organizing and other office duties as assigned
- Adhere to YWCA policies and procedures
- Must have Receptionist and phone experience
- Pleasant personality that enjoys working with the public
- Ability to communicate and work with clients and staff from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
- Comfortable working in hectic environment
- Patient and flexible
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Dependable and reliable
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a caring way with homeless clients who are in crisis
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to type a minimum of 40 wpm. 10-key and a math aptitude a plus
- Basic computer knowledge required; including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to make a minimum of a 6 month commitment
- Available Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10am -2pm
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months
- All YWCA ongoing volunteers/interns must complete all the following steps < span style=
- Childhood Hunger Helper -...
- Provide necessary childcare at...
- Provide childcare in Issaquah...
- Provide Childcare for Women Who...
- Family Village Issaquah Harvest...
- Seeking new and used furniture...
- YWCA Childcare Help Needed
- Children's Advocate Group...
- Lead the homeless women at...
- FVI After-School Program Assistant
- Provide a warm meal to those...
- Pathways for Women Front Desk...
- YWCA Front Desk Volunteer position
- Seattle YWCA Crock Pot Drive –...
- Backpack Brigade Food Drive...
- Support our teachers at Family...
- Help with food security in your...
- Immediate Need for Kids...
- Urgent need! Volunteers needed...
- Food Drive Hosts for YWCA