Roller Derby Bout Medics
4 people are interested
Rose City Rollers Bout Medical Support Position Description
Responsibilities and Duties
Keeps skaters safe and responds to medical situations at bouts, in collaboration with OHSU doctors.
● Provides medical support to skaters, event staff, and fans.
● Supports OHSU Sports Medicine employed Athletic Trainers who are the first responders to injuries.
● Keeps an eye out for possible concussions or other injuries.
● Provides CPR, BLS, etc. in the event of a life threatening situation.
● Meets WFTDA requirements for a medical professional:
○ Trained as Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs), Certified First Responders (CFRs), or Paramedics. Alternate medical personnel may be used to supplement Professional Safety Staff requirements. Alternate medical licensure and certification might include: Physician with orthopedic and/or emergency medical experience, Athletic trainer with CPR training, Licensed Practical or Registered Nurse with current CPR training and orthopedic and/or emergency experience, Nurse Practitioner, Physician’s Assistant, Physical Therapist with current CPR and orthopedic and/or emergency experience.
○ Proof of certification should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , and firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Able to communicate schedule changes with at least one week’s notice, barring emergency
● Knowledge of - or willingness to learn - additional skills like athletic taping
Time Commitment Required: The estimated time commitment is 4 hours per event
Reporting: Will report to the Bout Manager and OHSU doctors at bouts.
Applying for Position
When responding to this position, please put the position title in the subject line and answer the following questions:
1. Why would you be fantastic in this position?
2. What is your relevant experience?
3. Do you meet the criteria for a medical provider under the WFTDA?
4. What is your availability and start date?
Applicants should apply to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
7805 SE Oaks Park WayPortland, OR 97202
- Physician Assistant
- First Aid / CPR
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Typically about 4 hours per event
- Trained as Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs), Certified First Responders (CFRs