Technicians to Refurbish Donated Computers
84 people are interested
To promote digital inclusion by repurposing computing devices for the next generation
We reduce computer waste by refurbishing the computers to put back into circulation for kids to use for internet research, and doing their homework. The computers that don't become e-waste can become a useful tools that bridge the learning gap for under served students, and by donating computers to kids we are doing our part in reducing e-waste that harms our planet.After the computer donation from individuals and businesses, we need help in refurbishing the computers to be distributed. The following is a break down of how you can help achieve our goal of "One kid one computer."
- Process incoming computers
- Troubleshoot computer issues
- Assess computer repair needs
- Repair computers
- Disassemble machines to examine and/ or replace parts
- Reassemble machines after making repairs or replacing parts
- Clean computer drives, files, and components
- Install operating systems and software
- Verify computer is ready for distribution
- Advise new owners on computer operation and maintenance
- Only when needed
Skills and Knowledge:
- Skilled in installing, repairing, and troubleshooting computer hardware and peripherals
- Experience in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus, and patches
- Knowledge of modern networking devices and printers
- Passionate about RRR Computer’s Mission
- Desire to promote the vision "one kid one computer "a reality.
- Strong Communicator
1885 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, US
RRRcomputer.org's mission is "Diverting computers from recycling to desks of K-12 kids." We want to change the corporate culture to get a tax deductible computer donation instead of sending useable computers to be recycled for parts. If you have contact with companies, it would be great if you can spread the word about our goals of using the computers for education. Please visit RRRcomputer.org for detail info on the drive. You may contact us at 1-844-900-RRRC or donate@RRRcomputer.org to schedule a drop off or pickup outside of the donation drive date. Please spread the word with your social media. With your help, we all can help bridge the digital divide one kid at a time.
We are looking for volunteers leaders from IT, Education, and Envirnmental area to help make our organization a success. We are also looking for students from high schools, colleges and universities who wants to make a difference in the kid's life in computer technology, education as well as saving the environment. It takes a village to raise a kid, it also takes a community to help a kid in need to catch up with the digital age even now.
We'll work with your schedule.
2323 BroadwayOakland, CA 94612
- Basic Computer Skills
- PC Platform
- Macintosh Platform
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Teaching / Instruction
- Computer Science
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 10 hours/week
- interest in computers, refurbishing, and an interest in training kids