125 people are interested
Technicians to Refurbish Donated Computers
Please visit the new page to apply.
125 people are interested
To promote digital inclusion by repurposing computing devices for the next generation
We reduce computer waste by refurbishing donated computers to put back into circulation for kids to use for internet research, online learning, and doing their homework. The computers that don't become e-waste can become a useful tools that bridge the learning gap for underserved students. By donating computers to kids, we are doing our part in reducing e-waste that harms our planet.After computers are donated from individuals and businesses, we need help in refurbishing the computers to be distributed. The following is a break down of how you can help achieve our goal of "One kid one computer."
Please adhere to the CDC guidelines which includes not contacting people if you are feeling unwell, using a mask, and making any handovers as contact-less as possible. Normally, Technicians would all gather to refurbish computers.
Now, we are asking our IT Technicians to pick up the computers (if possible) and fix them at their homes. You will be in virtual contact with other IT Technicians and the President to tell you what to do. Again, if possible, you can then transport the refurbished computers to our storage in Oakland. You may be asked to do any or all of the following:
- Process incoming computers
- Troubleshoot computer issues
- Assess computer repair needs
- Repair computers
- Disassemble machines to examine and/ or replace parts
- Reassemble machines after making repairs or replacing parts
- Clean computer drives, files, and components
- Install operating systems and software
- Verify computer is ready for distribution
- Advise new owners on computer operation and maintenance
- Only when needed
Skills and Knowledge:
- Skilled in installing, repairing, and troubleshooting computer hardware and peripherals
- Experience in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus, and patches
- Knowledge of modern networking devices and printers
- Passionate about RRR Computer’s Mission
- Desire to promote the vision "one kid one computer "a reality.
- Strong Communicator
1410 Franklin St. #300, San Francisco, CA 94109, US
Promote digital inclusion by repurposing computing devices for the next generation.
We aim to change the corporate culture of waste and indifference to one the cares about our future. We take broken, used computers from companies and refurbish them to donate to students throughout the bay area, free of charge. We also provide free coding and technology literacy courses to children.
Please visit RRRcomputer.org for detailed info on our goals. Please feel free to contact us at 1-844-900-RRRC or donate@RRRcomputer.org. Please spread the word with your social media. With your help, we all can help bridge the digital divide one kid at a time.
We are looking for volunteer leaders from the IT, Education, and Environmental professions to help make our organization a success. We are also looking for students from high schools, colleges and universities who want to make a difference in a kid's life by offering expertise in computer technology, education, and saving the environment. It takes a village to raise a kid; it also takes a community to help a kid in need catch up with the digital age.
2323 BroadwayOakland, CA 94612
November 1, 2023
- Basic Computer Skills
- PC Platform
- Macintosh Platform
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Teaching / Instruction
- Computer Science
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours/week
- Interest in computers, refurbishing