Pathways for Women provides shelter, transitional housing, classes, and the South County Legal Clinic. Pathways for Women shelter includes 5 units of permanent, low-cost housing for single mothers and children. The Front Desk Receptionist is vital to the programs at Pathways for Women by offering quality customer service and maintaining an organized office.
The Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for the front desk and reception area. Operations include answering the phone and greeting walk-in clients, donors, and visitors. They also provide administrative support and office assistance including data entry, typing, copying, and faxing.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Answers an eight line phone, directing calls and answering basic questions
- Greets walk-in clients, donors, and visitors, answers questions, and directs inquiries
- Provides resources and community information to public and clients
- Accepts donations, provides donation receipt slips, and stores donations
- Maintains physical environment of front desk and reception desk; keeps area clean and stocked with necessary supplies
- Performs typing, copying, and faxing in support of program and administrative staff
- Miscellaneous office tasks including copying, distributing and organizing as assigned
- Adhere to YWCA policies and procedures
We currently need volunteers for the following shifts:
- Previous receptionist experience preferred
- Must be knowledgeable in using a multi-line phone
- Strong typing and computer skills a plus
- Pleasant personality that enjoys working with the public
- Ability to communicate and work with clients and staff from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds, as well as clients who may be in crisis
- Maintains confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Calm and comfortable working in hectic environment
- Patient and flexible, may at times be alone downstairs, but staff will always be on site
- Dependable and reliable
- Attention detail and strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Weekday daytime and afternoon availability; four hour commitment weekly
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week 3 month minimum
- <p style="margin: 0; padding: 0;">All YWCA ongoing volunteers/interns must complete all the followin
- Childhood Hunger Helper -...
- Provide childcare in Issaquah...
- Provide Childcare for Women Who...
- New unwrapped toys needed for...
- YWCA Holiday Toyshop Helpers...
- Come be an AWESOME addition to...
- YWCA Childcare Help Needed
- Summer Youth Camp Volunteers...
- Children's Art Teacher (Maple...
- Lead the homeless women at...
- FVI After-School Program Assistant
- Pathways for Women Front Desk...
- YWCA Front Desk Volunteer position
- Help Make the Holidays Merry and...
- Join us for a Jamboree at YWCA...
- Holiday Adopt A Family Sponsors
- Backpack Brigade Food Drive...
- Support our teachers at Family...
- Immediate Need for Kids...
- Urgent need! Volunteers for our...