English TA (Galapagos)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
9 people are interested
As an English Teaching Assistant you will work with students in a local K-10 school. This will include:
- Assisting the teachers with everything from lesson planning, to leading and supporting the teacher with language learning activities, games, songs, and projects.
- Coming up with some of your own activities for the class.
Schedules are based on a 25 hr/week commitment. Typically Monday-Friday 7:00AM -12:00PM Exact times may be subject to change depending on the tasks at hand. Time for preparation is in the afternoons.Requirements
- Intermediate level of Spanish in order to communicate with co-workers and students.
- A genuine passion for children’s education, and their well-being.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team. Energetic, creative, and enthusiastic nature that stimulates the learning environment
Cost includes full room and board, permits, visas, local coordination and training at respective facility, local transport, full access to our facilities, National Park certificates, etc.-everything minus personal expenses and your airfare to Galápagos.
Accommodation is provided in our fully equipped Volunteer housing or by one of our carefully selected host families. These are families who have experience with outside culture and international living through cultural exchange with our students and volunteers. Additionally to providing extra income for housing our students and volunteers, we train these families to be ambassadors in the community in areas such as English, domestic wellbeing, and nutrition.
You will have breakfast and dinner with your family. Lunch is provided at your choice of various restaurants in town. You simply sign for your meal and we’ll pick up the bill at the end of the month. For Volunteer housing breakfast is not included. Lunch and dinner are provided in your choice of restaurant.
IOI encourages all volunteers to stay as long as possible to maximize local and personal benefit. We encourage longer commitments by heavily discounting each additional week stayed. The minimum stay is 2 weeks, with a maximum stay of 3 months. All volunteers must arrive to Isabela on Mondays.
We'll work with your schedule.
IOI GalapagosPuerto Villamil, Ecuador
- General Education
- Child Development
- Environmental Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 20 hrs/week