Social Media Intern (Galapagos)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
15 people are interested
As the IOI social media and graphic design intern, you will be in charge of generating footage (photo and film) as well as text that accurately and meaningfully captures the nature of IOI’s international presence and impact. This will include:
- Working across the organization to ensure that all components of the IOI model are captured and displayed.
- Collaborating with IOI team members in various departments to pull out and highlight the pieces of the work that most thoroughly demonstrate and illuminate its lasting, positive effects.
- Working with, based on experience, the Galapagos National Park to develop environmental education material that educates tourists, as well as the local population, about the surrounding habitats.
Schedules are based on a 25 hr/week commitment, and can voluntarily be extended to a regular 40hr/work week.
Typically Monday-Friday 8:30-11:30AM; and 2:00-4:00. May be subject to change depending on the tasks at hand
- Experience in Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- An understanding of camera equipment and Mac or PC
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Be a great verbal and written communicator
- An understanding of social media platforms, blogging, Photoshop, and web-design.
Cost includes full room and board, permits, visas, local coordination and training at respective facility, local transport, full access to our facilities, etc.-everything minus personal expenses and your airfare to Galápagos.
Accommodation is provided in our fully equipped volunteer housing or by one of our carefully selected host families. These are families who have experience with outside culture and international living through cultural exchange with our students and volunteers. Additionally to providing extra income for housing our students and volunteers, we train these families to be ambassadors in the community in areas such as English, domestic wellbeing, and nutrition.
You will have breakfast and dinner with your family. Lunch is provided at your choice of various restaurants in town. You simply sign for your meal and we’ll pick up the bill at the end of the month. For volunteer housing breakfast is not included. Lunch and dinner is provided in your choice of restaurant.
We encourage all volunteers to stay as long as possible to maximize local and personal benefit. We encourage longer commitments by heavily discounting each additional week stayed. Minimum of 2 weeks to work on this project.; maximum stay is 3 months. Subsequent permanent hiring possible. All volunteers must arrive to Isabela on Mondays.
We'll work with your schedule.
IOI GalapagosPuerto Villamil, Ecuador
- Basic Computer Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 25 hrs/week