Volunteer ESL Tutors Needed! Teach English as a Second Language, Basic Computer Skills, Citizenship
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
32 people are interested
- You can volunteer to teach English as a Second Language. Knowledge of another language is not necessary, but some Spanish is helpful. There are all levels of students from beginners to advanced. You choose the times when you are available to tutor and we find a student who is also available at that time. Usually a tutor teaches English two times per week for one hour. This is a flexible program. If you have an appointment, or a vacation, you cancel class for the week. The students are very grateful to be able to talk to their child's teacher and doctor, read medicine lables, and get a better job. The only requirement is that you read, speak, and write English.
- You can volunteer to teach a Computer Class. Most of the adult students need basic computer skills. They are so happy just to know the correct way to turn on the computer! We have teaching materials. Class is in United Latino Community. There are seven computers.
- Conversation Class. Students practice listening, speaking, and pronunciation. This is a fun class. The students often discuss their culture.
- Citizenship. Immigrants want to become citizens. The test has verbal questions, a writing section, and a reading section. It is a big accomplishment to become a citizen!
- Pre-GED classes. Adult students usually need the most help with writing and math. If you could help someone learn these subjects, they would be very grateful!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
1925 N. Carson St.Public buildings in Carson CitySometimes in the student's homeCarson City, NV 89706
- Basic Computer Skills
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour two times each week, or 1.5 hours once/week
- Concern for others.This program is offered in Carson City, Nevada.