109 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
109 people are interested
Darfur Women Action Group takes a unique approach to genocide prevention and women empowerment and looking for passionate individuals to work toward advancing its mission. DWAG is currently seeking an ambitious communication intern/volunteer who is interested in advancing the goals this organization is striving to achieve.
This position is for a minimum of three months, open to undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates and other interested candidates. Interested candidates must be available for a minimum of 20 hours a week.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be able to commit 20-30 hours per week
- Be organized and punctual
- Have excellent writing and communication skills
- Has knowledge in using various social media network platforms
- Be proficient in MS Word usage
- Be passionate about human rights issues!
- Be able to update content on the website
- Videotaping and editing will be a plus
- Basic Knowledge of marking skills
- Assist in editing and updating the website materials
- Support the development of relationships with media outlets
- Compile regular updates of news related to DWAG’s work
- Assist in drafting press releases and media advisories
- Assist in organizing digital and online events
To apply, please email your résumé, cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so please apply early.
About Darfur Women Action Group
1629 K St NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC, DC 20006, US
Our Mission Darfur Women Action Group (DWAG) is a U.S. based Darfuri women-led anti-atrocities organization. DWAG works with victims and survivors of the Darfur genocide in the Diaspora and back home in Sudan, providing them with more access to the tools that will enable them to lead the effort in combatting violence, addressing massive human rights abuses in their society, and working with others to prevent future atrocities and promote global peace. The core priority for Darfur Women Action Group lies in advancing the human rights of and supporting the Darfuri to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. We do this by supporting women rights and empowerment NGOs at the grassroots and national level in the U.S. and on the ground in Darfur, building their capacity to lead desirable change and provide opportunities for the international community to hear directly from those most affected by conflict.
Darfur Women Action Group (DWAG) is a non-profit organization that takes a unique approach to fighting and preventing genocide. DWAG believes that empowering those most affected and building strong leadership among those who are historically excluded enable them to lead and foster positive change in their communities. We believe this is a vital approach to ending genocide and achieving sustainable peace.
DWAG is currently seeking interested interns and/or volunteers who are willing to help advance the goals the organization is striving to achieve.
Internships are available for undergraduate, graduate students, and recent graduates who are available for at least 10-20 hours per week for a 3-month long work commitment.
Internship program areas include:
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 14, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- A minimum of 20 hours a week for three months.
- We are currently accepting applications.