115 people are interested
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) provides support services for families with critically ill children who are being treated at Richmond-area hospitals. RMHC of Richmond is looking for reliable volunteers to serve as House Volunteers to aid in the day-to-day operations of the Ronald McDonald House so that families can stay close to their children while they are receiving treatment.
Impact and Outcomes:
House Volunteers ensure that everything in the House runs smoothly to allow for families to stay in a clean, comfortable, and cozy environment while their children receive medical treatment at nearby hospitals.
- Manning the front desk, which includes answering the phone and door
- Completing light household chores (i.e. sweeping, cleaning kitchen/dishes, laundry, etc.)
- Resetting bedrooms
- Accepting and organizing donations
- Interacting with families on occasion while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Able to handle the physical demands this position may require: going up and down stairs comfortably (there are four stories with no elevator), and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Volunteers must commit to a weekly 3-hour shift for at least 6 months
- Shifts are typically available every day of the week from: 9:00 am-12:00 pm, 12:00 pm-3:00 pm, 3:00 pm-6:00 pm, 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
Training and support:
- Individuals must complete a background check prior to beginning volunteer service
- Individuals must complete a training session prior to beginning volunteer service
- House Volunteers are primarily supervised by the House Coordinator and the Guest Services Coordinator
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old
- Volunteers must be dependable, trustworthy, friendly, flexible, and willing to work independently
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Richmond
2330 Monument Avenue, Richmond, VA 23220, US
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) is to create, find and support programs that directly improve the health and well being of children.
It is the mission of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Richmond to keep families close. RMHC Richmond may not be able to make the medicine taste better or erase the pain of a much-needed treatment, but we can help lessen the burden for thousands of families each and every year. Since we opened our doors in 1980, we have never closed them. We keep families together at our Ronald McDonald House and our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms. By providing our families with a "home-away-from-home" and a place where they can rest and refresh, we help keep families close.
We'll work with your schedule.
2330 Monument AvenueRichmond, VA 23220
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Family Therapy
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours weekly