The Ronald McDonald House Charities provides a home-away-from-home and support services for critically ill children and their families. RMHC of Richmond is looking for reliable volunteers to serve as House Volunteers to aid in the day to day operations of the Ronald McDonald House.
- Manning the front desk, which includes answering the phone and door.
- Completing light household chores.
- Resetting bedrooms
- Accepting and organizing donations
- Interacting with families on occasion
Training and support:
- Individuals must complete a background check prior to beginning volunteer service
- Individuals must complete a training session prior to beginning volunteer service.
- House Volunteers are primarily supervised by the House Coordinator and the Guest Services coordinator.
- Volunteers must commit to a 3 hour weekly shift for at least 6 months.
- Shifts are typically available all days of the week from: 9am-12pm, 12pm-3pm, 3pm-6pm, 6pm-9pm
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Must be dependable, trustworthy, friendly, flexible, and willing to work independently.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Family Therapy
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours weekly