112 people are interested
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) provides support services for families with critically ill children who are being treated at Richmond-area hospitals. RMHC of Richmond is looking for reliable volunteers to serve as House Volunteers to aid in the day-to-day operations of the Ronald McDonald House so that families can stay close to their children while they are receiving treatment.
Impact and Outcomes:
House Volunteers ensure that everything in the House runs smoothly to allow for families to stay in a clean, comfortable, and cozy environment while their children receive medical treatment at nearby hospitals.
- Manning the front desk, which includes answering the phone and door
- Completing light household chores (i.e. sweeping, cleaning kitchen/dishes, laundry, etc.)
- Resetting bedrooms
- Accepting and organizing donations
- Interacting with families on occasion while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Able to handle the physical demands this position may require: going up and down stairs comfortably (there are four stories with no elevator), and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Volunteers must commit to a weekly 3-hour shift for at least 6 months
- Shifts are typically available every day of the week from: 9:00 am-12:00 pm, 12:00 pm-3:00 pm, 3:00 pm-6:00 pm, 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
Training and support:
- Individuals must complete a background check prior to beginning volunteer service
- Individuals must complete a training session prior to beginning volunteer service
- House Volunteers are primarily supervised by the House Coordinator and the Guest Services Coordinator
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old
- Volunteers must be dependable, trustworthy, friendly, flexible, and willing to work independently
We'll work with your schedule.
2330 Monument AvenueRichmond, VA 23220
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Family Therapy
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours weekly