The Office of the State Long-Term Care Ombudsman works to advocate for the rights and wishes of residents and tenants in long-term care, including those living in nursing facilities, residential care facilities, assisted living programs and elder group homes.
Volunteers for this opportunity may be asked to assist with the following tasks:
- Data entry (frequent): Enter the data and narrative from ombudsman monthly reports submitted in hard copy to our online reporting system. Training provided.
- Assembling mass mailings (occassional): Assist staff with assembling materials to be mailed to our stakeholders.
- Other office help (as needed): Assembling volunteer program supplies, scanning/photocopying, etc.
- Entering volunteer feedback surveys into survey monkey.
Volunteers are needed from M-F between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Serve for as long or as little as your schedule allows. Volunteers will be asked to sign a confidentiality and conflict of interest agreement.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Very flexible!
- Attention to detail, Able to maintain confidentiality of information