2 people are interested
Video Editor & Manager
2 people are interested
Voices for Biodiversity (V4B) (voicesforbiodiversity.org) is a nonprofit conservation media organization. Our team is entirely made up of volunteers. We were founded in 2009 and have won numerous awards.
Voices for Biodiversity builds a diverse story-sharing community to save the world’s biodiversity. We use storytelling to help people from all walks of life share their perspectives and insights on their love of nature and other species. We publish people whose voices generally would not be heard, including people of color, women, youth, Indigenous people and more. Our storytelling brings people together from around the globe and builds a grassroots community around biodiversity conservation. After we publish stories, we use social media to connect and share the stories with the public.
We are seeking a Video Editor & Manager. The position offers an excellent opportunity to gain experience in (1) building video content for your resume or portfolio and (2) an opportunity to build professional connections with the environmental film and journalism and with environmental organizations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Be a proactive Voices for Biodiversity (V4B) member and demonstrate passion for environmental ecological, and biodiversity issues.
- Produce short videos (30 seconds to 5 minutes) for Voices for Biodiversity’s social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn) to increase the organization’s presence on social media.
- Produce short videos for Voices for Biodiversity’s "I AM A VOICE FOR BIODIVERSITY" social media campaign.
- Manage Voices for Biodiversity’s YouTube and Vimeo accounts, including uploading videos and keeping track of new videos produced by you and the video team.
- Oversee other people producing videos for Voices for Biodiversity and keep their material uploaded on Vimeo and YouTube and organized on our social media spreadsheets.
- Manage a team of disparate video producers.
- Work with our social media team to make sure that what you and others produce is properly disseminated across our social media channels.
This is a virtual opportunity that can be completed anywhere with reliable internet access. You should understand conservation and biodiversity issues. You need a certificate in video editing or the equivalent experience. You must be independent and able to work on your own with little to no oversite or guidance. You must be able to oversee and manage a team of video producers. This position requires a minimum of four hours per week. A SUNNY, PLEASANT AND HARDWORKING PERSONALITY AND AN ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE PUNCTUALLY WITH A VIRTUAL TEAM IS A MUST. Please send your resume and application letter, stating your background in conservation, your certification in video production or equivalent experience, and links to videos you have produced.
This is a virtual opportunity that can be completed anywhere with reliable internet access.
About Voices for Biodiversity
PO Box 2160, El Prado, NM 87529, US
Voices for Biodiversity's mission is to create a diverse story-sharing community to save biodiversity.
We find storytellers from around the world, gather their stories about biodiversity, and then amplify their voices by publishing the stories on our website. We also connect our storytellers with each other through our grassroots community, where they can share thoughts, ideas and resources to help save biodiversity. We also provide our storytellers and readers with the opportunity to connect with each other through our Facebook page and Facebook Group as well as our other social media platforms, including Instagram (@voicesforbiodiversity), Twitter (@V4Bio) and LinkedIn. Do you have a story to share about your relationship with nature and other species? Join the Voices for Biodiversity story-sharing community and be heard. Or help expand our community by reading our stories and sharing them with your networks. Want to help emerging storytellers where you live? Volunteer as a Guest Editor and liaise between individuals in your area and the Voices for Biodiversity team.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 23, 2021
- Environmental Education
- Video Production
- Must be at least 25
- 4 hours per week