Wheeler Historic looking for tour guides to lead semi-scripted public and private tours of the farm and historic house. Wheeler Historic Farm tour guides are critical to the daily success of the farm. This position allows for the opportunity to share fascinating stories and facts, work with a professional and knowledgeable team, and meet people from around the world.
Tour guides are expected to place special emphasis on enhancing the visitor experience. On occasion period attire is worn and will be provided. Guides are expected to enforce the rules of the house. Guides are also expected to review daily tour schedules and answer questions our guests may have about the times, locations and other details of farm activities and general area information.
Shifts last approximately 2-4 hours each and are mostly Monday through Friday. Hours worked per week vary and depend on the season.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
- Must be available at regularly scheduled tour times
- Can-do attitude and flexibility is a must
- Previous experience with tourism industry or theatre preferred
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to interact with guests in a positive manner in all situations
- Able to work in a house that was built in 1899, and navigate stairs or accommodations can be made for conducting farm tours versus the house.
- Must be willing to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Must be able to count number of guests per tour and record details in a tour log
- Must be dependable and able to arrive 15 minutes prior to the first tour
- Must keep accurate time records using a timecard punch clock
Wheeler Historic Farm is operated by Salt Lake County Corporation. All applicants must pass a background check.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per shift, monthly commitment preferred