DO YOU: Love to cook? Enjoy volunteering? Want to learn more about nutrition and wellness? Want to make a difference in your community? We are looking for committed and enthusiastic volunteers who want to learn about better nutrition.
BECOME A MASTER FOOD VOLUNTEER!
- Apply for and complete a four-day Master Food Volunteer training course
- Identify volunteer opportunities that suit your skills and interests
- Reciprocate 30 hours of service within one year of training
OPPORTUNITIES FOR SERVICE
- Cooking demonstrations Farmers’ market displays
- Health fairs Education at food distribution sites
- Nutrition and cooking classes for youth, adults, and seniors
- In-school and afterschool programs
- Create your own!
Next training takes place Fridays, October 6, 13, 20, 27, 2017, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. - Applications are due August 25, 2017. Participants are required to attend all four training dates and complete homework to fulfill to 30 hour training requirement. Application and more information at:
- Cooking / Catering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Applications due August 25, 2017, http://arlington.ext.vt.edu/programs/master-food-volunteer.html