- Greet all building visitors in a welcoming and professional manner consistent with the Catholic Charities of Kansas City-St. Joseph mission. This will include engaging clients and offering them food/beverages.
- Ensure that all building visitors are properly signed in to the building (guests and volunteers).
- Possess knowledge of all Catholic Charities’ services provided in order to direct visitors to the appropriate destination.
- Maintain general knowledge of outside-related services in order to assist visitors and callers.
- Provide hospitality to all the Catholic Charities visitors and treat all clients, volunteers and staff with dignity and respect.
- Work as a member of the Catholic Charities team to deliver the highest quality services to all clients, volunteers and staff.
- Receive direction from and work under the Resource Solutions staff and receptionist.
- Communicate with the onsite volunteer coordinator as needed.
- Sign in and out each time you volunteer.
- Must be customer service and detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to:
- Follow oral and written directions; listen attentively; communicate in oral and occasionally written forms.
- Hear, see and respond to activities in reception area.
- Interact with a culturally diverse and senior population.
- Write and print legibly; take clear, concise and accurate messages.
- Remain flexible to the needs of the staff, volunteers and clients.
The ideal volunteer is available a minimum of 2 hours per week, Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For more information or to inquire about current shift openings, contact Rachel Larsen at email@example.com or 816.659.8216.
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2+ hours per week