This volunteering opportunity is available in a number of locations throughout Anne Arundel County and works around your schedule. Training and certification is provided.Healing Arts Volunteers
Do you have a kind heart? Do you want to ease the suffering of others and improve their quality of life?
At Hospice of the Chesapeake, our overarching mission is to care for life throughout the journey with illness and loss by providing physical, psycho-social, and spiritual support services to individuals living with and affected by advanced illness. As a fully licensed, community-based non-profit organization, we provide services to those in need at the place that they call home - regardless of their age or ability to pay. An integral component of this team-oriented, holistic approach is our Hospice Volunteer Team, who consistently serves above and beyond to support our hospice patients and their families in a variety of ways. Hospice Volunteers are one of the few who can make a true difference in someone’s life by offering a small portion of their time, energy, and skills.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing and facilitates sleep. Sessions are pleasant and relaxing.
Reiki is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
What Kind of Volunteering Would I Do?
As a Healing Arts Volunteer, you will listen to clients and empathise with their health or emotional issues.
Patients are always fully clothed. A session can either be hands-on and you apply a light touch during the session, or hands-off where you keep your hands slightly above the body.
Both already-trained Reiki practitioners who feel ready to provide Reiki to hospice patients and those who are not trained but are interested in learning Reiki are encouraged to inquire.
If you are or wish to become certified and want to bring comfort and happiness to one of our patients, we have the opportunity for you.
Where Will I Volunteer?
We offer inpatient care, as well as outpatient care throughout Anne Arundel county. We will work with you to find the most convenient locations for you, as well as work around your schedule.
What Are The Benefits of Volunteering at HoC?
- We work around your schedule
- Free training in a number of areas
- Opportunity for a variety of certifications, which can be used professionally
- Scholarships available for this and other Healing Arts certifications
- Possible Tax Deductions
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or other positions within our Volunteer Department, please contact a member of our team at (443)837-1549 or through email at email@example.com
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible with your schedule!
- Application, Paperwork, Interview
- Receptionist and Administrative...
- Cherish Sessions-Tell a Story,...
- Lend a Listening Ear - Become a...
- Fashion for a Cause!
- Healing Arts Volunteers-Reiki...
- Teen Volunteering Opportunities...
- Help a Child Who Has Lost a...
- The Greatest Gift (Anne Arundel...
- Volunteers with Four Wheel Drive...
- Therapy Dogs Needed (Anne...
- A Comforting Touch
- Veteran Volunteers Needed for...
- Massage Therapists Needed (Anne...
- Healing Arts - Assistant
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Pasadena,MD
- Music Therapy Volunteers Needed...
- Heal Another, Touch a Life-Anne...
- Compassionate Couriers-Anne...
- Threshold Choir: Songs of...
- Garden for Good, Help Our...