Healing Arts Volunteers-Reiki (Training is Provided)(Prince George's County, MD)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where9500 Arena DriveSuite 250Largo, MD 20774
This volunteering opportunity is available in a number of locations in Prince George's County and works around your schedule. Training and certification is provided.Healing Arts Volunteers
Do you have a kind heart? Do you want to ease the suffering of others and improve their quality of life?
Hospice of the Chesapeake is a fully licensed, community-based non-profit organization. We provide services to terminally ill patients at the place that they call home - regardless of their age or ability to pay. In order to provide the best possible service to our patients and their families, Hospice of the Chesapeake depends on the generous support from the community, key business partners, and philanthropic operations to improve the quality of life for those in our community experiencing advanced illness or bereavement.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing and facilitates sleep. S essions are pleasant and relaxing.
Reiki is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
What Kind of Volunteering Would I Do?
As a Healing Arts Volunteer, you will listen to clients and empathise with their health or emotional issues.
Patients are always fully clothed. A session can either be hands-on and you apply a light touch during the session, or hands-off where you keep your hands slightly above the body.
Both already-trained Reiki practitioners who feel ready to provide Reiki to hospice patients and those who are not trained but are interested in learning Reiki are encouraged to inquire.
If you are or wish to become certified and want to bring comfort and happiness to one of our patients, we have the opportunity for you.
Where Will I Volunteer?
We offer inpatient care, as well as outpatient care throughout Prince George's county. We will work with you to find the most convenient locations for you, as well as work around your schedule.
What Are The Benefits of Volunteering at HoC?
- We work around your schedule
- Free training in a number of areas
- Opportunity for a variety of certifications, which can be used professionally
- Scholarships available for this and other Healing Arts certifications
- Possible Tax Deductions
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or other positions within our Volunteer Department, please contact a member of our team at (443)837-1549 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Hospice of the Chesapeake, you can visit our website at www.HospiceChesapeake.org.
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible with your schedule!
- Application, paperwork, interview
- Receptionists and Administrative...
- Compassionate Couriers
- Honor Our Veterans-Participate...
- The Greatest Gift
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Laurel, MD
- Help a Child Who Has Lost a...
- Therapy Dogs Needed-Prince...
- Healing Arts Volunteers-Reiki...
- Patient Care Volunteer-Bowie, MD
- Heal Another, Touch a...
- Massage Therapist (Prince...
- Honor Our Veterans-Participate...
- Volunteers with Four Wheel Drive...
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Clinton, MD
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Bowie, MD
- Teen Volunteering Opportunities...
- A Comforting Touch
- Volunteer Recruitment Assistant
- Patient Care Volunteer-Laurel, MD
- Bereavement Callers Needed...