As a Home-Delivered MEALS DRIVER, you will use your vehicle to provide hot meals to home-bound Seniors. You will pick up the meals at a predefined location (within 5 miles of you).
The meals are delivered over the noon hour to about eight elderly people on your route. Meals Drivers help Seniors maintain their independence in their own homes. Not only do you provide healthy, nutritious meals and a friendly smile, but you also act as a direct link to the outside world for many home-bound Seniors.
[Kenneth Young Center provides community mental health and senior services to the northwest suburbs. Clients and their families come to us in some of their most desperate moments, and we help by providing:
- Service coordination and in-home services for frail elderly persons.
- Counseling for adults, children, families.
- Assessment, stabilization, linkage for adults/children in psychiatric crisis.
- Treatment, support, and recovery services for those with serious mental illness. Volunteer opportunities.
To learn more about us, or to contact us directly, please visit our website at: www.kennethyoung.org]
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per WEEK
- Routes are during the week, Mondays through Fridays. PLEASE HELP! Seniors are hungry!