Here at YWCA Angeline’s Center for Homeless Women, we offer women a safe, warm, and welcoming environment. We engage women in classes and activities organized, presented, and run by volunteers. Many of women spend the bulk of their time at Angeline's and are looking for opportunities to get involved.
By providing weekly and monthly activities, we encourage social interaction, mental stimulation, and offer a fun activities for the women to participate in. Depending on your skills and access to supplies, examples of popular classes or activities that need volunteers include:
- Knitting or crocheting
- Arts and crafts
- Writing or journaling group
- Walking group
- Singing group or choir
- Book club
- Board game activity
- Talent shows
- Cultural sharing groups
- Life skills classes
This is a great opportunity for 2-3 volunteers to tag-team on a specific class or activity they organize and lead.
- This is a weekly, bimonthly, or monthly commitment, depending on your schedule and the activity.
- Weekday availability between the hours of 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- A long-term commitment is requested (minimum three months).
- Must have skills and experience pertinent to the activity you choose to lead
- Cultural competency is a must
- After receiving training, the Group Leader will be responsible for set up and clean up of knitting supplies for their weekly group.
- Groups Leaders must be comfortable interacting with homeless women and aware of common behaviors in a shelter environment.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and only women are accepted for this position.
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, make and keep a commitment
- Only women will be accepted for this position.All YWCA
- Childhood Hunger Helper -...
- Provide childcare in Issaquah...
- Provide Childcare for Women Who...
- New unwrapped toys needed for...
- Urgent need! Volunteer to help...
- YWCA Holiday Toyshop Helpers...
- Come be an AWESOME addition to...
- YWCA Childcare Help Needed
- Summer Youth Camp Volunteers...
- Lead the homeless women at...
- FVI After-School Program Assistant
- Pathways for Women Front Desk...
- YWCA Front Desk Volunteer position
- Help Make the Holidays Merry and...
- Join us for a Jamboree at YWCA...
- Holiday Adopt A Family Sponsors
- Backpack Brigade Food Drive...
- Support our teachers at Family...
- Immediate Need for Kids...
- Urgent need! Volunteers for our...