PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Volunteers are the lifeblood of a nonprofit organization. This position is essential to the overall structure of The Agapao Movement. He/she holding this position is responsible for creating and maintaining an extraordinary volunteer experience that gets people excited about volunteering with The Agapao Movement.
The Volunteer Coordinator works directly with the Executive Director and other program coordinators to identify areas needing volunteer support and then meeting those needs through the recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers.
- Organizes, coordinates and manages the recruitment of volunteers
- Develops and maintains a process that includes interviewing and screening of prospective volunteers
- Oversees the placement and orientation of volunteers
- Assists the Executive Director in writing volunteer job descriptions and setting organizational goals
- Ensure volunteers are appropriately matched and trained for a position
- Promote volunteering (internally and externally) through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Develop and maintain volunteer database and records including tracking hours
- Develop and maintain a regular communication with volunteers to promote their investment in The Agapao Movement
- Coordinates a volunteer recognition program
While many of the job duties can be completed without being physically present in our offices there are a few duties that can only be accomplished in-house. It is our expectation that the functions of this position can be flexible and adapted to the needs of a suitable candidate.
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- QUALIFICATIONS:Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Offic